Friday, March 13, 2009

Favorite Combo Pots


One of the great uses for coleus is to put them in a beautiful pot with other plants that are suited to the same conditions as coleus. For example, you wouldn't want to plant a cactus in with coleus as it would eventually rot from the amount of water that a coleus needs. Fortunately, the list of plants that have the same light and water requirements as coleus is a long one. For the next few posts I am going to highlight some of my favorite combinations that I have used here at our home and that I have photographed at other homes. I will also feature pictures that our customers have generously shared with us. This first photo is a close-up of a pot containing several coleus and companion plants. When grown together they intertwine and in this shot a vigorous shoots of Coleus 'Trailing Rose' and 'Florida Sun Rose' are peeking though Fuchsia 'Billy Green' and Plectranthus argentus. I love the pinks, purples, and silvers of this combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment